Former Liberal staffer Bruce Lehrmann faces cross-examination in defamation trial against media channel Network Ten and journalist Lisa Wilkinson.
Mr.Bruce is suing Network Ten and a high-profile journalist Lisa Wilkinson for an interview with Brittany Higgins aired on The Project on Feb 15, 2021.
Bruce claims they accuse him of raping Brittany in then-defense industry minister Linda Reynolds’s office on March 23, 2019. In his defamation trial against Network Ten, he faced tough cross-examination from the accused media channel.
Bruce said in Sydney Federal Court that he didn’t recall Brittany as “good-looking”. But he confessed to giving incorrect answers in a police interview during the investigation into Brittany’s claim that he raped her.
During a stressful day of cross-examination in Sydney Court, Network Ten’s Barrister, Matt Collins told Bruce that by March 2019, he knew who Brittany was. He found her attractive and told his colleague Nicky Hamer that “Brittany” was good-looking.
Mr. Bruce responded to this answer saying sorry, I don’t remember that. Afterward, Matt persisted and asked Bruce again didn’t you say that? Bruce answered that he just doesn’t recall having this conversation.
Brittany also belongs to the same Australian Liberal Political Party to which Bruce belongs. She accused Brcue of raping her which he strongly denies.
- Canada introduced New Online Harms Act with heavy fines
- MCB demands investigation into Tory Islamophobic remarks
- US Airforce man set himself on fire outside the Israeli Embassy
- Zamfara Assembly suspended Speaker over security concerns
- North West Serial Rapist received 11 life sentences for 65 counts
- Ward closed in Kaduna Military Hospital via Hemorrhagic deaths
Share this content: