Instagram is finally testing a feature that will allow users to disable read receipts for Instagram direct messages (DMs). Even if you have read someone’s message, they will not see the “seen” label beneath the message.
This new feature is recently in the testing phase. It will soon be available to the users so that they may turn off read receipts in their DMs.
Instagram CEO Adam Mosseri revealed the news of this feature on his broadcast channel. Adam said Instagram has started testing a feature that makes it possible to disable read confirmation in direct messages.
CEO Adam shared a screenshot of the direct message privacy and safety menu. You can go to this menu by clicking on the profile name in a chat. Users who participate in the test will notice a toggle to disable read receipts under the “Who can see your activity” section.
Adam wrote in the message that we listened to your feedback and have begun testing a new feature that allows you to turn off read receipts in your DMs. People will be soon able to choose when they want others to know when they have read their messages.
Meta did not mention in what capacity the company is testing these features when they will be available to all users.
Instagram is quite late in introducing this feature as another Meta-owned application, WhatsApp introduced the ability to disable read receipts in 2014.
- Possible location of ninth planet discovered in the Solar System
- Vivo Y17s features, specifications, and price in Pakistan
- Passing stars changed Earth’s orbit by chance million years ago
- Xiaomi 14 Ultra launch date, features, specifications & price
- Alien-faced bugs found in Tanzania jungle left scientists in shock
- OpenAI Sora launched to convert AI text into video
Share this content: