The investigation police have held another young suspect in an accident case of Defense Housing Authority (DHA) Lahore.
The police investigating the deadly accident that killed six members of a family in DHA last week have arrested another young suspect.
According to the police, the young suspect Ibrahim is a friend of the prime suspect, Afnan Shafqat. The early FIR report stated that there were two people in the car who hit the car of the victim’s family.
In this regard, police have arrested Ibrahim. Afnan allegedly hit the family’s car on their way home after seeing a close relative at DHA Phase II from Phase VII the previous week.
In a related development, the police have begun the process of conducting Afnan Shafqat’s ossification test to verify his age. This matter has taken on relevance following the additional accusations of terrorism and murder against suspects already filed FIRs.
According to Lahore Investigation DIG Imran Kishwar, this decision was made due to contradicting claims that he was underage. Mr.Imran told police were initially told that the main suspect Afnan was 17 years old. DIG explained ossification as the process of bone production based on joint fusion in an individual between the ages of birth and 25 years.
On the allegation of the head of a victim’s family, Rafaqat Ali, police initially filed an FIR against Afnan as the main suspect. Afnan was driving the car when he allegedly hit the car of the victim’s family.
- Maryam Nawaz scolding act with Uzma Kardar created controversy
- Pakistanis urged to release journalist Asad Toor after FIA arrested him
- Angry crowd mobbed Pakistani woman for wearing Quranic outfit
- Massive fire broke out in Gujranwala factory destroying valuables
- Basant celebration in Rawalpindi killed and injured 50 people
- Barrister Gohar Ali Khan removed as PTI chairman, Marwat claims
Share this content: